Missionary blog of Sister Emily Heyer, Brazil Campinas Mission, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, February 16, 2014

How is it that thou canst weep?

Well...prayers are answered because tomorrow is transfers and....I WASN’T transferred! Nobody in my house was. So....we are just carrying on. The members are super happy. Which made us feel really good. haha. THEY ACTUALLY LIKE US! 

The woman that thinks women are not capable of serving missions....got up and bore her testimony last week about how she was wrong and she loves the sisters. She apologized to everyone for judging the sisters before getting to know us. Then she went on a division with us this week and afterwards bought us all pastels and took us to her house and gave us a TON of new skirts and dresses that dont fit her anymore. It was a great day. Another proof that miracles happen.

V wasn’t baptized. She isn’t talking to us anymore. It was really heart breaking. But we won’t give up on her. I at least want to get a hold of her one more time so she can explain what happened and why she doesn’t answer the phone or is never home anymore. Or maybe we just need to let her go....find someone else. I just....struggle with dropping investigators. They are not just lessons and baptisms. They are people. And we love them. 

The hottest day of the year happened this week. That wasn’t the best day. 109 degrees.

Our week wasn’t very exciting. Just the normal stressed week before transfers....just to find out nothing will change so just keep going. :P Sorry that its so lame. 

Before I close I would just like to share a little spiritual thought that I received that fit perfectly with everything that I had been studying this week. Hopefully she won’t mind if I share her message but it was just so perfect and inspired that I had to include it. 

"It was a very good week for studying the scriptures.  I found a new favorite in Moses 7:28-47. [I will include some of the best verses of this scripture for you all. :)]


28 And it came to pass that the God of heaven looked upon thearesidue of the people, and he wept; and Enoch bore record of it, saying: How is it that the heavens weep, and shed forth their tears as the rain upon the mountains? 
 29 And Enoch said unto the Lord: How is it that thou canst aweep, seeing thou art holy, and from all eternity to all eternity?
32 The Lord said unto Enoch: Behold these thy brethren; they are the workmanship of mine own ahands, and I gave unto them theirbknowledge, in the day I created them; and in the Garden of Eden, gave I unto man his cagency;
33 And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should alove one another, and that they should choose me, their Father; but behold, they are without affection, and they bhate their own blood;
 40 Wherefore, for this shall the heavens weep, yea, and all the workmanship of mine hands.
48 And it came to pass that Enoch looked upon the aearth; and he heard a voice from the bowels thereof, saying: Wo, wo is me, the mother of men; I am bpained, I am weary, because of the wickedness of my children. When shall I crest, and be dcleansedfrom the efilthiness which is gone forth out of me? When will my Creator sanctify me, that I may rest, and righteousness for a season abide upon my face?


This is so touching to know how much our Heavenly Father loves each of us.  When I was teaching this in Sunday School, I asked the class to go home and read it again and ponder about when He could have been weeping for us and the challenges we are going through.  As the world gets more and more wicked and is getting to the same places of evil that existed before the flood, I'm sure He weeps for us.  This makes it so much easier to try to ease burdens of those around me and to try to encourage others.  This really helps me to be more kind and loving.  We just have no idea what others are going through.  We just need to be better at being "our brother's keeper" and care for one another."

I too was reading this chapter this week and I made a personal vow to do all I can not to make my Heavenly Father weep out of disappointment and sadness over me....but out of happiness and relief that I am trying my best and that I made it home to Him some day. After reading this thought from someone I love dearly I realized that part of my little vow should also include that I will do all I can to help my brothers and sisters also witness the tears of joy on God´s face that they conquered the fight and made it home. 

I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week. <3 

Sister Heyer

No comments:

Post a Comment