Missionary blog of Sister Emily Heyer, Brazil Campinas Mission, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Stuck in Limbo...aka Iguatemi

Hello!!!

Everything is going well! Not much to report this week. Just getting settled in (as settled as I can be without unpacking my suitcases and considering I’m leaving). The Bishop had us introduce ourselves on Sunday and I was like “Hi. I will be here for just one more week" and then I watched as everyone in the ward stopped paying attention. hahaha. It’s okay though because I am getting super excited to get my new companion. Sister Moura is really helping me out with some great advice and I am teaching her as much English as possible. haha. It’s a good trade off. 

There is an American family living here for a little while. We ate there on Sunday. I ATE REAL FOOD! :D It was awesome. And I gave the message in English because their little kids don’t know Portuguese. They all cheered when I agreed to give it in English. They are very English starved. I found, with quite embarrassment, that I don’t remember how to speak English anymore. Wonderful. 

There really isn’t anything to report on. Only that the other sister I live with is HILARIOUS and her name is Sister Alessandre. We laugh wayyyy to much to be missionaries. It’s the most laughing I’ve done for 10 months. haha. She is awesome. She was in the Women’s broadcast video singing I am a Child of God. I’ll try to include a link. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2014/04?lang=eng&vid=3408781210001 (Minute 24:55 is when the song starts.) She is the blonde one in the middle. She is from BAHIA. BAHIA is all beach and fun and I want to visit there so bad. The culture is awesome. :) The accent too. haha. 

Well….I'm sorry it is short and lame. Next week I may not be able to email until Tuesday because we have a leadership meeting almost all day on Monday. Just as a warning so no one thinks I died if I don’t write Monday. :P haha. Have a great week everybody. I’ll send a better email next week! Promise. Here’s a little scripture boost of the week for you all. :) If we truly love our Heavenly Father, we keep His commandments. Even if it is hard. Obedience is the best way to show we truly love and honor our God. 

John 14:15- If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Love, 
Sister Heyer

No comments:

Post a Comment