Missionary blog of Sister Emily Heyer, Brazil Campinas Mission, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, October 12, 2014

If there are no goats...then the week is great.

Well, this week was normal! I know....such a bummer for my faithful readers. ;P haha. General Conference was the highlight of the week! An excellent conference with MANY inspired talks that truly helped me. I strongly encourage those who did not have a chance, or simply did not want to watch, to take a look at some of my favorites when published on the site in a few days or less. 

Favorites:Elder Chi Hong Wong, Elder David A. Bednar, Elder Calos A. Godoy, and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. 

We had many opportunities this week to do family home evenings with many members. It was a week full of visiting members and getting to know them better. I think many times we, as missionaries, get so hung up in the blur of new investigators and the basic rhythm of the work that we forget to "strengthen the unit in which we serve". We cannot do this work alone, nor should we. I liked what Elder Bednar said about how missionaries help members to fulfill their sacred responsibility to share the gospel. It seems like we were one step ahead of Elder Bednar this week because THIS was exactly our focus of the week. We took more time to visit each member, get to know them, and ask them their availability to go on visits with us. We talked about our investigators and helped them to feel as excited as we are about their progress and the new friends that they will have the chance to make. Or at least, that was the goal. Whether or not it worked or not will only be apparent in the next few weeks as we work harder to include them more in our work. :) There are some wonderful members in our ward. I really hope that I will have the chance to finish my mission here. I will find out on Sunday about transfers and new comps and such. I hope that nothing will be changed. 

Well I love you all. Tomorrow I give my very last testimony at our multizone meeting. And I will also sing. It’s a strange feeling to only have 6 weeks left after 18 long and wonderful months. I wish I could hit pause and soak it all in for a minute, but before I know it I will be on a plane, finishing one chapter and on to the next. :) Im trying to make the very best of it. Like Elder Holland said in conference about Mary, "She hath done what she could." (Mark 14:8) May each of us look to, do what we can, to help ease the burdens of someone around us. Take the challenge to find someone in need and serve them. By doing so, we serve the Lord! 

Have a good week! 

Sister Heyer

No comments:

Post a Comment