Missionary blog of Sister Emily Heyer, Brazil Campinas Mission, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, September 14, 2014

There will be water in Itatiba!

T and A will be baptized this week! :D Saturday night. They are so excited and so are we! :) 

My new companion is Sister L. She is Brasilian from Natal. Wayyyyy up north. She is AWESOME!!!! She wants to work work work and so do I....so we have been running around like crazy all week. She will definitely run me into the ground but that’s okay....despite the physical and emotional exhaustion of it all I am very grateful to make the best out of these last weeks! She is a blessing. Not to mention she has a powerful testimony and the cutest accent. You would all love her. She is so little. She reminds me a lot of a mini Brandão, my trainer. 

We have expanded our teaching pool and are excited for a new week of work! Tomorrow I have to give training in the zone meeting to motivate them all. How do you motivate 38 people??? -_- hahaha. So that will be my challenge tonight to put together. 

This week was awesome! My birthday was wonderful. We ate lunch and celebrated with my Brasil Family and I was able to see a dear friend from Jaguariuna who came up to visit and celebrate with us. Apart from having my face shoved in the cake.... It was excellent! Afterwards we had a few great lessons and a very fun family night with some less actives and members where they embarrassed me with lots of singing. ;P When we got home I got my face shoved in a cake again.....but thankfully was spared the raw egg over the head tradition. It was very fun and overall an excellent 21st birthday. :) Even though I feel old. 

I don’t have a lot of time today unfortunately because I will be going to Campinas for a meeting.....but next week I will make up for it in the details. I love you all and hope you have a great week! 


Sister Heyer

No comments:

Post a Comment