Missionary blog of Sister Emily Heyer, Brazil Campinas Mission, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, September 7, 2014

It's another girl!

Yep! I stayed in Itatiba....and I will train again! I am so excited. As much as it is a challenge it is also so wonderful to feel really needed and to have the chance to help someone on this crazy journey that is a mission. I am very nervous but I am very excited to not make the same mistakes I did the first time. (I wonder if that's what my mom felt like when she had Dorey....the first one didn't turn out exactly what I planned but now I know how to fix it! ;P hehe) 

Also I am happy because I will stay for my birthday! A dear friend from Jaguariuna who is the daughter of the best family in the world here in Itatiba will drive up with her family and her NEW BABY to see me on my birthday. Her mom is going to make us lunch and everything and I will get to see her after many months. I am very excited to have a brasil family to celebrate with on my birthday. We also have lots of lessons marked. MIRACLES HAPPEN. :)

T and A will be baptized! On September 14th! They chose their own dates and are finally firm in their decision. I am very excited. 

I had a neat experience this week to witness the baptism of our ward mission leader's 8 year old daughter. It was so sweet. She cried when she came up out of the water and cried through the whole confirmation. She is a very special little girl. You just look at her and FEEL that she is destined for great things. She is the same little girl who took the time to pick a friend to share the gospel with, look up her address on google maps, write it down, and pass it to us. It is the most treasured reference I have ever received. She was so cute. She said "I just KNOW that she could be baptized. She doesn’t say ANY bad words! And she is almost 8!" Moved me to tears. We really can learn from the example of little children. Nothing is more precious or holy than a little child. 

I am excited to see what comes in these next 12 weeks that I have left. I know it will be a challenge but I am content. I am excited and happy. And old. -_- 21 snuck around the corner. ;P 

Have a great week everybody! <3
Sister Heyer

SO CLOSE!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment