Missionary blog of Sister Emily Heyer, Brazil Campinas Mission, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

[This email came on September 9.]

Hello! Not much to write this week but I'll do my best.

Tuesday was my birthday! I feel really old. I cant believe I am not a teen anymore. Time flies. We had a district meeting and at the end my zone leaders surprised me with a cake and ice cream and they sang Happy Birthday to me in English Portuguese and Spanish (because that's where all of the missionaries in our zone are from). It was really sweet. :) The rest of the day....I worked. And worked and worked. It was an interesting birthday. Didn't really feel like a birthday but that's okay. :) It was a pretty good day so that counts for something. When we were walking home I used the money on my card and bought ice cream and pizza for all of us to eat for dinner. We cooked and ate by candlelight because the power went out in our house. When it miraculously returned we played Uno and went to bed. 

The rest of the week was a lot of knocking on doors and trying to find new people. We found lots of new people to teach this week so hopefully next week will have more stories. :) 

One cool story though is that we taught one lady the Plan of Salvation. She loved it and was moved to tears when we taught her about how we could be with our families. The next day we found out that her brother was in a huge motorcycle accident that morning and had passed away. The timing of the Lord is amazing. I am always so surprised when little miracles like this happen. It is amazing to be a part of this work. I know that although it is truly difficult to burden this grief....it will be a little more comforting for her knowing about The plan of salvation. 

 Love and miss you all more than you can imagine! 
Sister Heyer

No comments:

Post a Comment