Missionary blog of Sister Emily Heyer, Brazil Campinas Mission, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Spish

[This week we also received a letter from Emily.  She sent one to everyone.  They were written the beginning of August.  There are a lot of cute stories that are so Emily that I want to share...Here is some of Sam's letter:]

Guess what Sam?  I killed my first cockroach yesterday!  It was huge and gross.  I hated it.  But I thought of my brave little brother and how he would probably think it's cool so I squished it with a shoe.  Its guts went everywhere and it was super gross!  Ugh.  I don't like them.  In Portuguese they are called a "Barata."  My companion always screams really loud when we see one.

We are teaching a little boy... [who] is 6 just like you!  Every time I come over he gives me a piece of bubble gum called "spish."  [Sam now walks around asking for spish.]

When I tell people here my brother's name is Sam they think it's awesome because no one here is named Sam!  I explain it's Samuel like in the Bible and they can understand better.

I love you Sam!  I miss you and I hope you have a great first week of school!  I  can't wait to hear all about it in your next letter!   Muito Saudades Sam the man!

Love, Sister Heyer

No comments:

Post a Comment