Missionary blog of Sister Emily Heyer, Brazil Campinas Mission, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, June 15, 2014

It's a girl!

One year on mission!
Well.....the big news.....I will be a (mission) mom! Got the transfer calls and I will be staying in Castelo (yayayayaya!) and I will be training a new missionary! Straight from the MTC and Brasilian. Sister L, Sister S, Sister R, AND Elder S were transferred. So just me and Elder N will stay in this ward with a bunch of new people. Once again three left and just I stayed. I hope that is not some sign about how I drive people out. ;( haha. All I know is that two American Sisters will live with me and my new "filha" and that I will "be very happy" is what Elder N said. Of course I will...The gospel is true and I’m a missionary! Elder S is getting ready to go home so he will step down....well not down just out....as assistant. So the singing days are up. :( But it´ll be okay. Maybe the new assistant knows how to play the piano. ;P haha. Sister L will move on to be with a Brasilian companion who will teach her more Portuguese than I did. 

This week we contacted a reference and were not able to teach her but just from the door contact we made with her....we all almost started crying the spirit was so strong. I am so excited to teach her. There is something really special about A. So that will be fun this week.

With the world cup starting this week....we are on strict rules to stay in our houses during Brasil games. A little before and after. These orders came from the first presidency and are for all missions in the whole country. Apparently it may get a little crazy. I am not worried though. We live in a really safe area. The unfortunate part is the staying home almost all day part. We are supposed to study. I am excited for more study time. But the not working part is a little rough. Even if we were to go out in the street though we wouldn’t get any work done. No one comes out of their house and the ones who do are drunk. We are NOT allowed to watch ANY of the games, nor are we allowed to go out in public wearing ANY team shirts or even the team colors. Not even Brasil. It’s going to be crazy! I’m excited but I admit I was a little bummed we can’t watch...I wanted to see the experience and we even had a less active family invite us to an alcohol free night at there house to watch the game and they agreed to a lesson after.....we will have to find a way to just go to the after part. The rule makes sense though. No one was surprised. 

Apart from transfers...nothing really happened this week. It was a slow week. We had stake conference which was excellent! I sang before the meeting and the actually meeting was a broadcast where ELDER SCOTT spoke in PORTUGUESE! And Elder Ballard spoke. But he had a translator. haha. It was really neat to hear Elder Scott speak Portuguese. He speaks really well! Even if he did mix a bit of Spanish in it....it was understandable and very inspired. (I thought Grandpa would like that story) It was a wonderful conference. At the adult session at night Sheila and Ricardo bore their testimonies! It was beautiful! They are by far the most beautiful new member family that ever existed. ;) I love them so much. They taught me how to Samba and basically adopted me. <3 

The Boxer's baptism
Well I love you all and have a good week! Check out the really neat talk that I will put a link too! Changed my whole perspective on revelation! The other link is my SECOND favorite talk ever....second only to the first. It is very inspiring and motivating. :) 

Sister Heyer

Favorite Quotes and scriptures: 
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? . . .
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. . . .
. . . They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. [Isaiah 40:28–31]

"The simple fact is that our Father did not recommend Eve or Moses or Nephi or countless other magnificent exemplars for this dispensation—He recommended you and me. Do you think God would have left the last days to chance by sending men and women He couldn’t count on? So how will you live up to our Father’s recommendation? Happily, though we must each walk through life on our own, we don’t have to do it alone. "






No comments:

Post a Comment